Site being updated

I am currently in the process of changing hosting providers and revamping my blog. This is why a lot of the content is missing and links are broken. Apologies. Anticipated launch date 2-1-17. (Note: URL address will not change)

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

iTranshumanist


When Science finds God, and God finds Science.


I am a religious Transhumanist.
-The aesthetics of religion can lead to massive transformations in consciousness. While religion often serves to divide and exclude, the aesthetics of religion unify and include.

I don't think the same way you do.
-I see technology as an extension of human-kind. I do not think technology and humanity can be separated. We have always used technology to transform our world. A spider has its web and humanity has tech!

I don't see the world the way you do.
-I see 7 billion unique, individual and beautiful minds that are part of something much greater then the sum of the parts. Just as billions of cells make up the organs of our body, the whole of humanity is part of something much greater.

I don't understand your concept of Deity.
- God, as described in the Nicaea Creed at the council of Nicaea during the 4th century is a confusing contradiction of conjecture. God as I understand Him or Her is a transcendent being that is embodied and capable of radical compassion, and empathy. The New God Argument.

Our views on humanity are paradigms apart.
-I believe humanity is on the threshold of a profound awakening. Billions of minds coalescing together and the discovery that we are all connected and an end to darkness as we embrace light and love.

You are afraid of the future.
-I believe the future to be a beautiful place. A place without war, suffering, disease, poverty, ignorance, apathy, dominance, jealousy, hate, etc etc.

I am afraid you don't understand the future.
-One of my biggest fears is Our inability to contemplate and visualize an end to violence and hate, thus becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You look at emergent technologies like bio-engineering, nano-technology, and artificial intelligence and hear the warning of God.

I look at emergent technologies and see God.

We must learn to become as God, embracing radical compassion and empathy as our primary motivation and using technologies to overcome humanity, and become post-humanity. To become as the Gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment